Rolta IT-OT Fusion
Achieving Operational Excellence through middleware integration between IT & OT.
Business, Functional and IT Leaders in various sectors have long adopted, collaborated, and invested in Information and Operational Technologies albeit as independent strategic decisions. Rapid evolution of technology convergence is the guiding principle shaping our times. Early generations of equipment for controlling systems were mechanical or electromechanical and were a physical part of the equipment. In later generations, complex electronic and software systems evolved, but still as an inseparable part of the equipment.
The discipline of supporting automated equipment has been changing radically, and OT systems are rapidly becoming more volatile and more connected.There is a pressing need to link such Operational Technologies (OT) to traditional Information Technology (IT) systems (e.g. ERP, MRP, Scheduling Systems, etc.) as well as to other related Spatial and Engineering systems.
It is important to securely deploy and manage OT devices and technologies in integrated continuum with IT Management Policies, Processes, and Methodologies across the industry and organizational value chains.
Rolta IT-OT Fusion provides an integration middleware between Operational Technology (OT) and Information Technology (IT) which helps in meeting the required operational excellence for asset intensive organizations. The solution comprises of various components from the iPerspective product suite such as Asset Junction, Data Bridge/RAS and Rolta Statistical Analyzer to fulfill different objectives of the organization through IT-OT integration. Asset Junction helps to store the plant hierarchical model which includes the relation between plant, area, unit, assets and tags. Data Bridge and RAS are data integration applications that extract voluminous data from disparate systems and make it available for further analysis.
An important step in the IT/OT integration journey is to establish common and consistent semantics within the enterprise and build on that to achieve true integration. Rolta’s IP solution platform focuses on planning, building, and managing the next-generation solutions – featuring extremely innovative Information interoperability, IT/OT Integration’s, GIS, Mobility, Social, Cloud, Big Data Analytics and Security technologies for driving Business Excellence.
IT-OT integration offers multiple advantages in performance, flexibility and integration for efficiency gains and strategic business growth.
Some key value propositions are:
• Improve performance and production with optimized business processes
• Better align operational areas with overall business goals
• Increase regulatory and environmental reporting and compliance
• Reduce costs from efficiency gains and optimization of operational processes, asset maintenance, and field workforce management
• Avoid unwanted incidents in the operational plant and improve operational excellence
• Enable better decision making enterprise-wide
• System monitoring and proactive actions leading to an improvement in process utilization
• Speed with Security, to enhance global operations with secure remote access
• Agility with efficiency, to shift capacities and meet new demands
• Better decisions, lower risks and shortened project timelines