GIS – Platoon: GIS Tools to analyse and exploit terrain for Platoon Commanders
GIS – Platoon is a module of Rolta BMS Platoon. It is a custom-built extremely responsive and lightweight Militarized GIS specially designed for Platoon Commanders and Troop Leaders. It enables Platoon Commanders operating in the Tactical Battle Area to optimize their operations as per the ‘ground’.
GIS Platoon is a custom built extremely responsive and lightweight Militarized GIS specially designed for Platoon Commanders and Troop Leaders. It exploits cutting edge geospatial technologies to deliver unbelievably high quality display, visualization and analysis capabilities.These include advanced 3D visualization and analysis of all types of terrain, enabling planners to optimize the deployment of their troops.
The GIS Platoon enables Platoon Commanders operating in the Tactical Battle Area to optimize their operations as per the ‘ground’. It enables them to analyze and exploit terrain virtually in as much detail as they do today through physical reconnaissance – thus saving tremendously in time and effort and enhancing their ‘op capabilities’.
- OGC Compliant, extremely responsive and ‘light’
- Seamless integration of legacy geospatial data
- Dynamic Display of Raster, Vector & Elevation map data in various scales
- Full range of tools, such as pan, zoom and re-center
- Measurement Tools for Distance, Area and Perimeter
- Powerful Terrain Analysis tools and features giving results in the form required by Platoon Commanders
- 2D & 3D Terrain Visualization of maps and imageries
- 3D Fly-through, Drive-through and Walk-through facility
- Efficient Navigation and measurement tools
- Support for DVD terrain symbology
- GPS & IP Camera Integration
- Inter visibility options
- Enables preparation of Intelligent Military Overlays with Indian Military symbology
- MGRS & IMGRS Grids Display and Support
- Fully indigenous, with IP owned by Rolta. No external dependencies for support and upgrades
- Smarter and realistic visualization of geospatial information.
- OS agnostic application reducing dependencies on platform
- 2D & 3D GIS provides users access to Data & Analysis capabilities
- Analysis capabilities for real time decision making
- Spatial data display ,analysis and editing generates quality output for obtaining terrain information
- OGC compliant gateways allow for building flexible Distributed Systems