GIS – Soldier: Providing basic GIS tools to Soldier to improve his effectiveness
GIS – Soldier is a module of Rolta BMS Soldier. It is a lightweight GIS custom-built to meet the limited needs of Soldiers in the battlefield.
The Rolta ‘GIS Soldier’ is lightweight GIS with an extremely responsive embedded GIS Engine custom-built to meet the needs of Soldiers in the Indian Army’s combat echelons at the forward edge of the battlefield.
- Route Display with Navigation Aid
- Cartographic Tools for basic linear measurements
- Display of location based on Lat/long and Military GR and elevation readout
- Map and Imagery display
- Display of IMGRS Military grid
- Tools for Zoom and Pan of Map Display
- Contrast brightness adjustments for day and night mode
- Map rotation to keep it orientation as per the ground as seen by soldier depending on the direction he is facing
- Display of NORTH arrow
Advanced GIS Tools
- Basic non-standard symbols/ icons marking facility
- Tools for Measurement of area & perimeter (in metric system) mounted only