Rolta BMS Platoon: Enhancing the tactical capabilities of Platoon Commanders
Rolta BMS Platoon is a powerful custom designed and indigenously developed application for Platoon Commanders and Troop Leaders by facilitating planning,coordinating actions sideways,initiating updates and reports to the Company or Squadron Commander and to monitor,direct and synchronize the actions of their subordinate Section Commanders.
Besides providing them the SA and CTP critical to their remaining fully abreast with the evolving situation, it facilitates planning and navigation and provides them the means to exchange information and coordinate actions sideways, initiate updates and reports to the Company or Squadron Commander and to monitor, direct and synchronize the actions of their subordinate Section Commanders.
- Extremely intuitive and user friendly fully indigenous solution built by Indians to cater for every op need of the Indian Army’s Platoon Commanders – operating Mounted or Dismounted
- Peer to Peer Architecture ensures ability to operate networked as well as in standalone mode
- Follows existing work-flows through an extremely user friendly interface – nothing changes!
- Use the Touch Screen to provide 2D & 3D Terrain analysis, navigation, SA & integrated C2
- Caters for future technology insertion
- Flexibility of Smooth C4I Integration up and down the
- chain of command
- Tailor-made for Platoon Commanders
- Hardware can be tailored to match Operational Constraints
- Common Tactical Display and Standardised Graphical Overlays
- A digital map with blue force tracking of own forces
- Light & responsive GIS Engine for Map Data Analysis & Exploitation
- A comprehensive operating picture for the Area of Operation
- Tactical messaging both, up and down the command chain
- Tactical graphics (overlays)
- Potential use of a wide range of sensors
- Terrain analysis tools
OS Support: Designed for cross platform usage
(independent of loaded OS, system specs and software).
Data Formats Support: All OGC stipulated standards compliance. Support for all spatial databases and can be tuned to get the optimal read/write performance with these databases.
Military Messaging Standards: Subset of USMTF/VMF as applicable to the Indian Army.
Military Symbology Support: Indian Military Symbology built using the attributes as users define them – No need to memorise the entire symbol library !