Rolta BMS Section: Enhancing the tactical capabilities of Section Commanders
Rolta BMS Section is a custom built fully indigenous application intended to cover precisely the vital operational functions required by every Section Commander in the field to enhance his operational capabilities.
Rolta BMS Section is a custom built fully indigenous C2 application intended to cover precisely the vital operational functions required by every Section Commander in the field to enhance his operational capabilities’ without ‘burdening’ him with technology.
Simpler and easier to use than a mobile phone, it offers him the vital answers to his basic questions – ‘Where am I?’,‘Where are my buddies?’,‘Where is the enemy?’,‘Where do I need to go?’ on a fully rugged, lightweight, wrist worn display. Navigation, voice and data communications enable networking with his Platoon Commander and simultaneously with each soldier of his section.
The application also allows receive and send pre-formatted text messages and to receive and hand-off targets. In addition, where he sees critical activity or targets through his weapon sight or PNVD,
the system enables him to send a real time video stream to the Platoon Commander or to a neighboring Section Commander to whom the target or activity may not be visible!
- Scalable & Modular
- Light & responsive GIS Engine for Map Data Analysis & Exploitation
- User friendly option to invoke and mark Military Symbology
- Touch Screen Interface to provide digital mapping, navigation,
- situational awareness and integrated command & control
- Caters for future technology insertion
- Intuitive and user friendly
The Rolta BMS Section provides:
- Own position in the centre of the display
- Relative position of team/section members
- Options of Combat Display/ Map/ Imagery
- Relative positions of enemy
- Facility to mark routes for navigation
- Easy targeting and observation
- Navigation to waypoints
- Predefined text messages and templates
OS Support: Designed for cross platform usage (independent of loaded OS, system specs and software).
Data Formats Support: All OGC stipulated standards compliance. Support for all spatial databases and can be tuned to get the optimal read/write performance with these databases.
Military Messaging Standards: Subset of USMTF/VMF as applicable to the Indian Army.
Military Symbology Support: Indian Military Symbology built using the attributes as users define them – No need to memorise the entire symbol library!
- Integrated C2 system for the Section Commander
- Reduced decision action cycle within the Section facilitating faster reaction capability
- Enhances information handling ability of individual soldiers and strengthen information exchange internally within the Section
- Enables essential operational situational awareness and decision support functions at a Section level
- Integrates all requisite sensors
- Transmits orders to individual soldiers
- Facilitates generation of a route and navigation
- Facilitates effective methods to avoid fratricide