Rolta Geomatica Webserver: A Suite of Resources & Tools for Working with Spatial Data and the Web
The Rolta Geomatica Webserver technology is based on OGC specifications and comprises of the following three web publishing services:
- Web Feature Service (WFS) – open features in Rolta Geomatica Focus from any web feature service on the Web.
- Web Coverage Service (WCS) – open coverage in Rolta Geomatica Focus from any web coverage service on the Web.
- Web Mapping Service (WMS) – open map layers in Rolta Geomatica Focus from any web map service on the Web.
- Geomatica WebServer consists of three parts that work together: an applet, a servlet, and Geomatica
- Displays geospatial data from any standard HTML-based browser
- Dynamic display of raster and vector information
- Full range of tools, such as pan and zoom, zoom in and out, and re-center
- High resolution: no loss of details in images and graphics even at high magnification levels
- High-speed data flow between applet and Geomatica
- Complies with OpenGIS® Consortium Web Mapping Service Interface Implementation Specification version 1.0.0
- Provides customizable web page templates and sample configuration files
- Progress from creating a simple web page to a complex website using XML configuration
- Fully customizable environment
- Ready built tools for quick customization and visualization
- Converts images to GIF or JPEG on-the-fly to display rapidly on the web
- Enables the performance of various queries like “Spatial”, “Attribute” etc.
- Java Applet inserted by using an HTML tag
- Enables users to show and hide layers by selecting check boxes
- Accurate information
- Flexible communications
- Virtual reconnaissance
- Dynamic situational awareness
- Operational tempo
- Intelligence surveillance and Reconnaissance
- Logistics management
- Operational procurement and support costs
- Administrative time by the automation of Simple functions
- Training costs