Map Navigation System: Enhancing Map Reading Navigational Capabilities
Rolta provides users with a comprehensive system of navigational aids which helps prepare and visualize vital terrain information in either 2D or 3D.
Rolta has customized and built a Map Navigation System that provides the users with navigation aids for finding own position, next location etc., using complex mathematical formulae in the background. The system also prepares users with Map Reading Capsules, enhancing their Map reading navigation capabilities in the field. Rolta’s Map Navigation system has a built in 3D visualization facility along with Fly Through capabilities to make users visualize the terrain in a 3D environment.
- To use various navigation tools and methods, helping successfully correlate the navigation carried out on ground
- To prepare and visualize complete information in either 2D or 3D
- To make users understand the importance of GPS tools and how GPS data is plotted on a map
- To use various map reading tools such as finding own position, next check point, distance to the next check point, importance of bearing and other parameters for finding own location
- Ability to find own position by Triangulation method.
- Computing unknown points by bearing and distance
- Computing the surrounding Map sheets of a particular Map sheet.
- Ability to jump to a particular location based on Lat/Long, GR, place name and tactical Entity
- Route navigation
- Site Suitability
- 3D visualization of the Terrain