Platform Optronics: Enabling Surveillance and Accurate Sighting of Targets from Vehicles
Rolta’s Platform Optronics solutions include Thermal Imager Sights, Electro optical sights integrated with Fire control systems for Land and sea platforms, Electro optical sensor heads for Reconnaissance vehicles & Marine platforms and Electo optical sensor systems for UAVs
(a) Thermal Imager Sights for Tank Commanders
Thermal imager sights for Tank commanders provide commanders with a panoramic view for better observation and situation awareness in dark night conditions. It is fitted with high-resolution advanced thermal imager with day and night channels.
- Compact and lighter as compared to available tank sights
- Robust and Ergonomic design
- Enhances the panoramic viewing capabilities of the commander
- Fully stabilized in both planes using high performance gyros.
- Allows 360 degree viewing in conjunction with the traverse of commander’s cupola
- Dual mode for day and night channels
- Inbuilt Laser Range Finder
(b) Electro Optical sights integrated with Fire Control Systems
Land & Sea Advanced fire controls systems rely on sophisticated day-night Electro optical sights to effectively engage surface targets on Land and Sea. These sights are digitally controlled and provide stabilized lines of sight resulting in highly accurate firing of the weapon systems using the Fire Control System.
- Day/Night capability
- Modular design
- Multiple-axis stabilized lines-of-sight
- Digital fire control computer
- Commander override function
- High first-shot kill probability
- Ease of integration
- Integrated BMS
- Increased situational Awareness
- On the move engagement of stationary and moving targets
(c) Electro Optical sensor heads for Reconnaissance vehicles & Marine platforms
Electro optical sensor heads installed on Reconnaissance vehicles and marine platforms are equipped with multiple sensor systems including, advanced thermal imaging cameras, LRF and day camera with Multi-media Interface (MMI). These systems enable surveillance and security of border and coastal areas and are also used for protection of important installations on land & offshore.
- CCD Day camera and Day/Night Thermal sight
- Stabilized & non stabilized versions
- Laser Range Finder
- Digital Magnetic Compass (DMC)
- Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Video Management System
- Optional Pneumatic Mast
(d) Electro Optical sensor systems for UAVs
High resolution, light weight and compact advanced sensor systems for UAVs for accomplishing mission specific real time surveillance during day and night with direct feed facility using suitable communication links.
- High resolution stabilized optical sensors
- Modular design for ease of configuration
- Image recording and storage options
- Can be integrated with C2 systems
- Video analysis
- Varying range and weight options