Tactical Radios: Command and Control facilities for Forces Deployed in Remote Areas
To ensure secure information transfer in far-flung locations, Rolta offers an array of Tactical Radios, which enable Defence forces to interoperate with legacy radios and provide communications while being on the move.
Accurate real-time information for all branches of the fighting forces is critical for mission success.
Relevant and precise intelligence allows the modern war fighter to quickly formulate effective responses in multiple operational scenarios. The advent of net-centric applications such as tactical internet based communication and battle management systems are driving the need for faster, robust and more reliable data.
Rolta’s IP Radio supports a variety of configurations including point to-point (PtP), point-to-multipoint (PtMP) and mobile ad-hoc networks (MANET). It supports ultra-high bandwidth in excess of 10 Mbps for transmission of high-resolution video and images. Data security is assured with state-of-the-art encryption technology. Data, voice and video IP data packets are delivered in accordance with a configurable QoS scheme.
- Ultra-high bandwidth – In excess of 10 Mbps, delivering real-time high-resolution video, images, data and voice
- Location awareness – Embedded GPS with optional connectivity to external military GPS
- Adaptive modulation – OFDM modulations (QAM4, QAM16 and QAM64) for high data rates over difficult channels and GMSK modulation for long-range communication
- Adaptive transmission power – Up to 10 watts
- High dynamic range – From -103 dBm
- Flexible bandwidth – Software-configurable channel bandwidth of 400 kHz to 4 MHz.
- Secure communication and built-in ECCM – Advanced encryption algorithms (utilising AES-256), jammer rejection, bit spreading and frequency-hopping
- Varied operational conditions – Supports both LOS and NLOS connectivity and operation during mobility at speeds of up to 300 Km/h
- Voice over IP (VoIP) radio – Full-duplex voice communication with active noise reduction, selective calling, priority break-in and the capability to listen to four voice groups simultaneously
- Small form-factor – Compatible with multiple platforms as well as vehicular And man pack configurations; includes detachable remote control panel
- Software-Upgradeable – Allows software and waveform upgrades
- Standard compliance – Fully compliant with military standards (MIL-STD-810F and MIL-STD-461E)
Combat Net Radio
Combat Net Radio (CNR) remains primary means of back up communication for the forces in the tactical battlefield, more so in the forward edge of the battlefield (FEBA). Rolta’s solution for the CNR is centred around the software defined approach covering the HF, VHF and UHF frequency bands. Wider band coverage provides overlapping of bands in different form factors, thus enabling interoperability.
- Wide band coverage
- Overlapping of frequency bands to enable interoperability
- Fully Secure
- Software configurable
- Compliant with Mil Std 461 E EMI/EMC specifications
- Confirms to JSS 55555 environmental specifications
- Alphanumeric keys and LCD display for ease of operation
- BITE facility
- ECCM features with adaptive power transmission
- Can integrate with IP networks through appropriate MODEM
Software Defined Radio – An Effective Long Range Communication System
Rolta offers a Multiband Software Defined Radio solution for tactical mobile communications, providing secure voice and data services.
Military communications technologies are beginning to transition from single function “stove pipe” architectures to software defined radio systems (SDR) that can be dynamically reconfigured based on mission requirements. These new SDR platforms must support both legacy waveforms for voice and low-speed data, and new wideband waveforms providing high-speed data, multimedia content, and video conferencing. This shift in paradigm is being driven by interoperability requirements of various military forces. Therefore, the next generation of military radios will present a variety of challenges for the communications system. Rolta’s Software Defined Radio supports legacy waveforms, has an embedded GPS receiver, and comes with local and remote control options as well as an embedded encryption capability. It operates in the VHF/ UHF range with an embedded power amplifier capable of generating up to 5 watts of power output. Output power can further be increased by adding additional Power Amplifiers depending on the role and form factor required.
- High spectral efficiency
- High gross air Data Rates
- Simultaneous Data / Voice services
- Mobile Ad-Hoc Network (MANET) capability for voice and data services
- Self-configuring, self-healing, multi-hop network with a dynamic adaptation of the number of hops according to user positions and mobility
- Fast automatic configuration of multi-hop links between units
- Call groups, multicast, broadcast
- Quality of service for voice and data
- Enables long range communication