Wideband Radio: Enabling Effective Communication within the Army
Rolta’s 2/8/34/65 Mbps Radio Relay systems are suitable for establishing vital communication links between formations of the Indian Army in tactical battlefield scenarios.
Rolta’s high capacity radio relay terminals are designed to support tactical communication systems. The increasing demand for traffic capacity, the need for providing reliable data transmission services in support of Command and Control applications and the continuous narrowing of the available RF spectrum, set new requirements for high capacity radio communications in modern mobile networks.
Rolta’s 8/34/65 Mbps Radio Relay is an answer to such needs; it includes radio terminals working in NATO Bands, III+ and IV available in Compact or Split versions to meet different deployment profiles. Software modem technology, rugged and light-weight design, full control capabilities through comprehensive IP-based network management systems, complete the profile of a family of products generated to support mobile military networks in the 21st century battlefield scenario.
- Tx/Rx frequencies are independently selectable over the whole frequency band by operator/NMS. In Band, III+ and IV.
- The internal control system provides for automatic continuous tuning of RF pass band cavity filters.
- An embedded multiplexer supporting up to four independent payloads is available. Eurocom D/1, ITU-T
- G.703/V.11, Ethernet 10/100 BT and High Speed Serial Interface (HSSI) baseband traffic interfaces are selectable, depending on data rate.
- Sideband capacity includes digital EOW and auxiliary channel, both with 16/64kb/s configurable rate.
Supported traffic capacities are:
- Best trade-off between spectral efficiency and link resilience to intentional jamming is assured through programmable modulation formats. Uncoded/coded
- QPSK, 8TCM, 16TCM, 32TCM modulations are selectable by operator/NMS to adapt to different propagation constraints and allow operation in crowded electromagnetic scenarios.
- Fully complies with Mil Std 461 E
- Operates at temperatures between -20 °C to 45°C
- Complies with JSS 55555 environmental specifications